Sunday, January 13, 2019

I Will Sing To The Lord Because He Is Good To Me.


I
Will Sing To The Lord
Because He Is Good To Me.
Scripture
Psalm 13
6 I will sing to the Lord
    because he is good to me.

Observation
I read Psalm 13, Psalm 33, Psalm 63 this morning!
I love to read the Psalms because David, who wrote most of the Psalms, really knows how to express his emotions about his relationship with the Lord. He doesn't hold back!
My new friend Rob Roberts sends out a Bible thought each morning that I enjoy reading and with it every day he also attaches a song that expresses that thought.
Well I am not Rob so I don't have a song to go with this blog this morning, but you could probably think of many praise songs or lots of great hymns that would go along with this verse.
God has been so good to us. If God has been good to you then why not shout out to Him in praise!
Psalm 96:1-4
1 Sing a new song to the Lord!
    Let the whole earth sing to the Lord!
2 Sing to the Lord; praise his name.
    Each day proclaim the good news that he saves.
3 Publish his glorious deeds among the nations.
    Tell everyone about the amazing things he does.
4 Great is the Lord! He is most worthy of praise!
Psalm 30:4
Sing to the Lord, all you godly ones! Praise his holy name.
Psalm 47:6
Sing praises to God, sing praises; sing praises to our King, sing praises!
Ephesians 5:19
19 singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs among yourselves, and making music to the Lord in your hearts.
Application
I am singing. I am praising the Lord this morning!
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, You are worthy of all praise. In my heart I am praising You right now! You have been so good to me. I look forward to being at church in just a couple of hours where we will all give You praise!
I pray for those who are too sick to make it to church. I pray for healing. Put a song in their heart. Help them to praise You in the midst of their troubles. Show them that they can trust in You.
Daily Bible Reading: Genesis 31,32,33; Luke 13; I added: Psalm 13, Psalm 33, Psalm 63; Proverbs 13



No comments: