Monday, January 28, 2019

When They Had Prayed, The Place Where They Were Assembled Was Shaken


When They Had Prayed,
The Place
Where They Were Assembled Was Shaken
Scripture
Acts 4
31 When they had prayed, the place where they were assembled was shaken, and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak God’s message with boldness.
Observation
I can clearly remember what I am getting ready to share with you like it was yesterday, even though it was years ago during our Seminary days in Fort Worth, Texas.
Kathy and I were involved in a prayer meeting that went through the entire night. Our pastor had asked the entire church to come together to pray for one of our church members who was going to have brain surgery the next morning.
The young woman was given less than a ten percent chance of surviving the surgery, and we were told that even if she did survive the surgery she most probably would be severely handicapped.
Humanly speaking it did not look good. So we prayed, all of us, and we prayed and prayed all through the night. We all gathered together at our church in our church's prayer chapel.
The following morning the doctors removed the tumor and this sister in Christ made a total and complete recovery.
It was unforgettable! It was an Acts 4 kind of experience.
2 Chronicles 7:14
Then if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves, if they will pray and seek me and stop their evil ways, I will hear them from heaven. I will forgive their sin, and I will heal their land.
James 5:13-16
13 Is anyone among you suffering? He should pray. Is anyone cheerful? He should sing praises. 14 Is anyone among you sick? He should call for the elders of the church, and they should pray over him after anointing him with olive oil in the name of the Lord. 15 The prayer of faith will save the sick person, and the Lord will restore him to health; if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. 16 Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, so that you may be healed. The urgent request of a righteous person is very powerful in its effect.
Application
I will always respond when our pastor calls on us to come together to pray!
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I have personally seen what happens when the church comes together and prays. Nothing can stop Your church. It is the most powerful institution on this planet. When Your people humble themselves and come together and pray nothing is impossible. 
Lord, I have been on the receiving end of having people, lots of people, praying for me. When the doctors thought it was hopeless for me to recover Your church never gave up hope. Maybe the experience of what You did during our seminary days was in the back of Kathy's mind, I don't know, but I know that she never gave up praying for me to be healed. You are the mighty God. Nothing, absolutely nothing, is too hard for You.
Daily Bible Reading: Exodus 21,22; Psalms 12; Acts 4



No comments: