Thursday, January 17, 2019

Listen To My Voice In The Morning, Lord. Each Morning I Bring My Requests To You And Wait Expectantly.


Listen To My Voice In The Morning, Lord.
Each Morning
I Bring My Requests To You And Wait Expectantly.
Scripture
Psalm 5
1 O Lord, hear me as I pray;
    pay attention to my groaning.
2 Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God,
    for I pray to no one but you.
3 Listen to my voice in the morning, Lord.
    Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly.
11 But let all who take refuge in you rejoice;
    let them sing joyful praises forever.
Spread your protection over them,
    that all who love your name may be filled with joy.
12 For you bless the godly, O Lord;
    you surround them with your shield of love.

Observation
King David had established a habit in his life that each one of us desperately need in ours. It was also a habit that Jesus maintained.
What was this habit?
It was spending time alone with their Heavenly Father on a daily basis. Yes, both of them, every morning, spent time with their Heavenly Father.
Maybe this was a commitment that you made to your Heavenly Father as you started out on January 1, 2019. And maybe, just maybe, this commitment that you made for 2019 as not yet become a habit and maybe you have already slipped back into your old routine of not spending time each day with the Lord.
May I suggest that you not give up. I can remember when my time alone with God, my daily devotional time, was a struggle for me to maintain. I can remember when it was hit or miss. I can remember a time when I read my Bible legalistically, I read it just because I thought I had to.
But I always had people around me that prodded me not to give up. I had plenty of encouragers that helped me develop the habit of a daily quiet time. Now I am so glad that they did.
So let me encourage you!
Take a couple of minutes to read this article from Nav Press. I know that it will encourage you if you do! It was a big help to me years ago.
Application
I will pray Psalm 5:1-3, 11-12 back to the Lord this morning!
How about you?
Are you spending time with God each day?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, hear me as I pray; pay attention to my groaning. Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God, for I pray to no one but you. Listen to my voice in the morning, Lord. Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly. Let all who take refuge in you rejoice; let them sing joyful praises forever. Spread your protection over them, that all who love your name may be filled with joy. For you bless the godly, O Lord; you surround them with your shield of love. (Psalm 5:1-3,11-12 personalized)
Daily Bible Reading: Genesis 42,43; Psalms 5; Luke 17
>>>>>>>>>>>>
I JUST SAW THAT I WROTE THIS ON THIS DAY IN 2015!
Maybe it will speak to you!
>>>>>>>>>>>>
If Your Brother Or Sister Sins Against You, Rebuke Them,
And If They Repent,
Forgive Them.
Brokenness, a repentant heart, and forgiveness are the keys to all successful relationships.
Scripture
Luke 17
If your brother or sister sins against you, rebuke them; and if they repent, forgive them. 4 Even if they sin against you seven times in a day and seven times come back to you saying ‘I repent,’ you must forgive them.”
Observation
Brokenness, a repentant heart, and forgiveness are the keys to all successful relationships.
Three of the most important phrases for any successful relationships are: I love you. I am sorry. Will you forgive me?
One of our best life long friends crossed the line late in his marriage and committed adultery with a co-worker and left his wife to live with this younger woman. His wife, also one of our life long best friends waited for her husband. She waited a year and a half. I can remember my friend’s phone call when he called me to tell me that he had decided to go back with his wife if she would have him back.
Today my friend and his wife have a wonderful relationship. They help couples that are struggling in their marriages. They serve out of brokenness.
I marvel at what God can do when a man and woman humble themselves, come to a place of repentance and brokenness, and learn the lesson of forgiveness.
I heard this week of another man who is communicating with his wife and saying that he would like to come back home to her if she would have him back.
My counsel to her would be this:
1. Let him come home if you detect and see true brokenness and repentance in his life.
2. Is he willing to do everything and anything to make your marriage work? This would include going to marriage preparation classes or counseling sessions.
3. He would commit to getting help with any addictions that have hurt their relationship.
4. Is he willing to commit to being involved in ministry together, not just church attendance.
Evidence of true repentance is brokenness. I love you. I am sorry. Will you forgive me?
Application
I will practice these 3 phrases with Kathy this week. I love you. I am sorry. Will you forgive me?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I have watched You heal marriages. This year we have witnessed a miracle in a young couple’s marriage. Marriage is Your idea. Relationships work when there is repentance and forgiveness. Help those that I am thinking about right now. Heal their relationships. I pray that they would put You first in their lives. Help them reach the point of brokenness so they can experience all that You want them to experience. I pray for a miracle. I pray for healing. Amen.
Daily Bible Reading Genesis 42,43; Psalms 5; Luke 17

No comments: