Thursday, January 03, 2019

Do Not Withhold Good From Those Who Deserve It When It's In Your Power To Help Them.


Do Not Withhold Good From
Those Who Deserve It
When It's In Your Power To Help Them.
Scripture
Proverbs 3
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
    do not depend on your own understanding.

6 Seek his will in all you do,
    and he will show you which path to take.

27 Do not withhold good from those who deserve it
    when it’s in your power to help them.

28 If you can help your neighbor now, don’t say,
    “Come back tomorrow, and then I’ll help you.”

Observation
Last night, during the night, Proverbs 3:5-6 kept coming to my mind as a grappled with a problem facing me, a problem that I definitely need God's help to be able to solve.
I am sure that you deal with problems too, just like I do, that are way bigger than you and I can handle. I think that Proverbs 3:5-6 are two verses that all of us need to memorize!
The other two verses that got my attention this morning were Proverbs 3:27-28.
I got back yesterday from spending another week in Panama City. It is hard to describe the devastation, the suffering, the hardship, that so many people in that city and surrounding communities are still experiencing and will continue to experience for months and months to come.
I am very proud of our Disaster Relief team from our church and other churches from around the country.
Our team worked hard and they were compassionate with the people that we helped.
Special thanks to some other guys who joined our team and worked with us during the week: Bill Davis, from The Baptist College Of Florida in Graceville, Chris Holmes from St Augustine, Mitch Drake and Edwin Rodriquez both from Tallahassee.
Maybe you could join us on our next call out?
Application
I will trust the Lord with all my heart and I will not lean on my own understanding. I am rolling this problem over to Him!
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank You for letting me know that I don't have to worry about anything. All I have to do is pray to You about everything. I am trusting You right now with things in my life that are too big for me to handle. I know that my problems are just the right size for You. Give me wisdom. Guide me. Direct my thoughts just like You promise.
I pray for all of those who we were able to help last week in Panama City. Encourage them Lord. Send more people their way to help them even more. Thank You for the guys that You brought to join our team this week from all over the state. Bless them Lord. Thank You for the new friends!
Daily Bible Reading: Genesis 6,7,8; Luke 3; I added: Psalm 3, Psalm 63; Proverbs 3



No comments: