Friday, March 01, 2019

You Are Seeing Things Merely From A Human Point Of View, Not From God's.

You Are Seeing Things
Merely From A Human Point Of View,
Not From God's.
Scripture
Mark 8
33 Jesus turned around and looked at his disciples, then reprimanded Peter. “Get away from me, Satan!” he said. “You are seeing things merely from a human point of view, not from God’s.”

34 Then, calling the crowd to join his disciples, he said, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must give up your own way, take up your cross, and follow me. 
35 If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake and for the sake of the Good News, you will save it. 
36 And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? 37 Is anything worth more than your soul?
Observation
Get away from me, Satan!” Jesus said. “You are seeing things merely from a human point of view, not from God's.” When opportunities present themselves, or even when trials and troubles come our way, there is always the danger or the tendency (at least for me) to see them merely from a human point of view, not from God's.
And sometimes, at least for me, it is difficult for me to determine if I am seeing something from God's perspective or if I am selfishly seeing something from my own.
I think it would be a lot easier, when I am trying to discern the Lord's direction on something, if He would just blurt out in an audible voice, “Eddy do this or Eddy do that”!
Instead of my Heavenly Father doing that He allows me to go through the day and night (or several days and nights) praying and seeking His direction and ultimately trusting that I have made the right decision about something.
Simon Peter was human. He did not always see things from God's perspective. You and I are also human. We won't always make the right decisions. We won't always see things from God's perspective!
The good news is that every time we are able to see the big picture on an issue, on a decision, or on an opportunity, it makes our Heavenly Father smile!
Application
I will ask the Lord to help me see things from His perspective.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I need Your help on the decisions that come my way. Help me to see things from Your perspective. Left on my own I know that I am going to mess up and make the wrong decision. I need Your help. Give me wisdom. Guide me today. Show me what I should do.
Proverbs 3:5-6
 Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
    do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek his will in all you do,
    and he will show you which path to take.
Daily Bible Reading: Numbers 28,29; Mark 8



No comments: