Monday, March 11, 2019

So I Live In This Earthly Body By Trusting In The Son Of God, Who Loved Me And Gave Himself For Me.

So I Live In This Earthly Body
By Trusting In The Son Of God,
Who Loved Me And Gave Himself For Me.
Scripture
Galatians 2:20
20 My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Observation

I remember my father-in-law, Clayton Bearden, (who was like a father to me) once asked me to remove an old window air conditioner from their living room that I imagine was no longer needed because they had installed central air conditioning in their home. I asked him if the power was turned off at the breaker and he assured me that he had turned it off. 

For some reason, I am not sure why, but I didn't completely trust what he told me even though he emphatically told me that the power to the unit was off at the breaker. I decided to touch the wires with a screwdriver just to make sure the power was off before I handled and removed the wiring. 

When I touched the wires with the tip of the screwdriver there was a flash, there was a boom, an explosion, and the end of my new screwdriver was melted off. My father-in-law's response, chuckling as he said, “Well I thought the power was turned off! It was a lesson for me – there is some real power in 220 electricity!

Galatians 2:20 reminds me that there is also real power in someone who has surrendered his or her life to Jesus. A person who is no longer living for themselves but is allowing Christ to live through them is a very powerful person.
Application

I want to be a 220 Christian!

How about you?

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I don't want to live life without your power. Help me to daily die to self so that Jesus can live through me. Don't let me do stupid sins that mess up my walk with You. Give me the strength to say “no” to temptations when they come my way. Give me victory over sin today.
I pray for any person reading this blog today. Give them victory. Help them to live a Christ-filled life. Give them the strength to say “no” to sin.
Daily Bible Reading: Deuteronomy 16,17,18; Psalms 38; Galatians 2



No comments: