Tuesday, March 26, 2019

“But As Me And My Family, We Will Serve The Lord.” And You Should Imitate Me, Just As I Imitate Christ.

But As Me And My Family,
We Will Serve The Lord.”
And You Should Imitate Me, Just As I Imitate Christ.
Scripture
Joshua 24
15 But if you refuse to serve the Lord, then choose today whom you will serve. Would you prefer the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates? Or will it be the gods of the Amorites in whose land you now live? But as for me and my family, we will serve the Lord.”
1 Corinthians 11
1 And you should imitate me, just as I imitate Christ.
Observation

Men, God doesn't want us to be a bunch of wimps! He wants us to take a stand for Him. He wants us to set an example for our family.

It is not do as I say. Plenty of us can talk big. And we might fool people on Sunday! But no, it is do as I do.

Both Joshua and the Apostle Paul were men who walked the walk and not just talked the talk. I cry out to God on a daily basis for some of the men I know … I am praying and asking God to help them, man, up!

I pray that they will act like men of God. Whatever it is that is keeping us from being an example of godliness for our wife and our kids lets let it go.

If you need help letting some bad habit go then I suggest you ask for help. Celebrate Recovery meets at our church at 5 pm on Sundays. If you don't live close enough to attend our CR group then look up other locations on the internet. There is a CR group that meets close to your house.
Application
If my kids and my grandkids choose not to walk with the Lord. If they choose to reject God. I don't want it to be because their Dad or their Grandpa did not live a godly life in front of them.

How about you?

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I can't find one negative thing in scripture about Your servant Joshua. While he led the nation of Israel they lived in a close relationship with You. He was a powerful influence. He was a leader. Help me to be like Joshua. Help me to be like the Apostle Paul. I want to be a godly influence. Keep me away from stupid sins that mess up my walk with You.
I pray for any man that may be reading this blog today. Help him, Lord, to be a man of integrity. Help him be an example to his family. Help him to run from sin. Help him to quit anything that does not bring You glory and honor. Help him to walk in victory!
Daily Bible Reading: Joshua 23,24; Psalms 44; 1 Corinthians 11



No comments: