Sunday, March 17, 2019

“No Eye Has Seen, No Ear Has Heard, And No Mind Has Imagined What God Has Prepared For Those Who Love Him.”

No Eye Has Seen, No Ear Has Heard,
And No Mind Has Imagined What God
Has Prepared For Those Who Love Him.”
Scripture
1 Corinthians 2
9 That is what the Scriptures mean when they say,
No eye has seen, no ear has heard,
    and no mind has imagined
what God has prepared
    for those who love him.”
Observation

You and I can't even begin to imagine what God has prepared for us who love Him. It is so good that it is beyond our wildest imagination. I don't know about you but I can imagine some really good things so what is in store for us must be something really, really, really, good. And sadly, I think for those who reject the message of Christ, totally rejecting God, what lies ahead for them is something so bad, so terrible that no one can even imagine how terrible it is going to be.
We get a small glimpse of how bad Hell is when we read about the rich man and Lazarus found in Luke 16:22-24,
Finally, the poor man died and was carried by the angels to sit beside Abraham at the heavenly banquet. The rich man also died and was buried, and he went to the place of the dead. There, in torment, he saw Abraham in the far distance with Lazarus at his side. “The rich man shouted, ‘Father Abraham, have some pity! Send Lazarus over here to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue. I am in anguish in these flames.’
We get a better description of Heaven and what it is going to be like in Heaven than what it is going to be like in Hell, but both places are beyond our imagination.
I don't know about you, but if Hell is going to worse than I could ever imagine then I sure don't want to go there and I sure don't want any of my loved ones going there either.
How about you?
Application
I will continue to share the Good News of Jesus Christ with everyone I can. I don't want anyone going to Hell.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I know that You have prepared a place for me that is beyond my wildest dreams. I can't even begin to imagine what is in store for me. I know that Hell will be just the opposite of what we will experience in Heaven. I can't imagine suffering forever but that is just what those who reject You have in store for themselves. Open their eyes, Lord, open their eyes!
Daily Bible Reading: Deuteronomy 32,33,34; 1 Corinthians 2



No comments: