Saturday, March 09, 2019

Look, Today I Am Giving You The Choice Between A Blessing And A Curse!

Look, Today
I Am Giving You The Choice
Between A Blessing And A Curse!
Scripture
Deuteronomy 11
26 “Look, today I am giving you the choice between a blessing and a curse! 
27 You will be blessed if you obey the commands of the Lord your God that I am giving you today.
28 But you will be cursed if you reject the commands of the Lord your God and turn away from him and worship gods you have not known before.
Observation
Just as the children of Israel had a choice, you and I have a choice. God also gives us a choice between experiencing a blessing or a curse. We have the opportunity to choose to either obey God and live for Him or disobey God and live life for ourselves.
When you and I reject God and make the choice to live for ourselves then we are making a choice to receive a curse instead of a blessing. The curse … is a life filled with drama, chaos, and misery.
You and I might say to ourselves, “Well, how stupid is that?” But the truth is we are surrounded by hard-headed, stubborn people who every day are making that choice. They honestly think that they can live their lives better without God's help.
And even though their lives are filled with drama, chaos, and misery, they still continue to reject God and reject God's help. They choose to live each day cursed rather than blessed.
I wish that I could grab them and shake some sense into them. Maybe you have felt that way before too!
So what can we do for them? How can we help them? What will help them see that God has abundant life, a life full of purpose and meaning, waiting for them if they would just choose to walk in obedience with Him?
I am praying for them. I am counting on God to change the direction of his or her life. Even though I feel like shaking them, I know that the only way that they are going to change is for God to open up their spiritual eyes and their spiritual heart.
So I am going to keep on praying for them.
Application
I will keep praying for the people I know and love who so far are choosing to live a cursed life instead of one that is blessed.
How about you?
John 10:10
10 The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life.
Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that You brought someone into my life who introduced me to Jesus. I didn't all of a sudden one day decide to surrender my life to You. I know that it was You who opened my eyes to spiritual things and it was You who caused me to turn from sin and self and turn to You.
I pray, asking You to do what You did in my life, to do the same thing in the lives of the people that I love and who I pray for. Save them, Lord. Change the direction of their lives. I want them to experience the abundant life. I am tired of all the drama, all the chaos, and all of the misery. May they find themselves so miserable that they finally turn to You for help. Do whatever it takes, Lord, to cause them to change the direction of their life.
Daily Bible Reading: Deuteronomy 10,11,12; Mark 16



No comments: