Saturday, March 23, 2019

Even When I Walk Through The Darkest Valley, I Will Not Be Afraid

Even When I Walk
Through The Darkest Valley,
I Will Not Be Afraid
Scripture
Psalm 23
1 The Lord is my shepherd;
    I have all that I need.
2 He lets me rest in green meadows;
    he leads me beside peaceful streams.
3     He renews my strength.
He guides me along right paths,
    bringing honor to his name.
4 Even when I walk
    through the darkest valley,
I will not be afraid,
    for you are close beside me.
Your rod and your staff
    protect and comfort me.
5 You prepare a feast for me
    in the presence of my enemies.
You honor me by anointing my head with oil.
    My cup overflows with blessings.
6 Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me
    all the days of my life,
and I will live in the house of the Lord
    forever.
Observation
King David had good reason to be afraid. He had King Saul's army continually trying to find him to kill him. Yes, he had good reason to be afraid.
The 23rd Psalm is probably one of your favorite passages in the Bible. It is one of mine. It is like John 3:16, we all know it. But sometimes, it is good to stop and think about Psalm 23 in light of everything going on in our life.
Maybe we all could take a few minutes today to slowly read and reread these six verses and let them sink into our heart and right into our circumstances.
The Lord is my shepherd; I have all that I need. Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me.”
Application
Because the Lord is my shepherd; I have everything I need.

How about you?

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I know that there may be people reading this blog today who are dealing with some very hard and very difficult circumstances in their lives. Some possibly have recently lost a loved one, others are facing a life-threatening illness, or have a loved one who is very sick. Give them Your strength. I pray that Your Word touches their lives today. May they read and may they hold on tightly to Your promises found in Psalm 23 today!
I pray for my brother Rick today on his birthday. Bless him, Lord! May Your face shine brightly on him today. Meet all the needs of his life. Thank You for allowing me to be his brother!
Daily Bible Reading: Joshua 15,16,17; 1 Corinthians 8; I added: Psalm 23, Psalm 53; Proverbs 23



No comments: