Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Worry Weighs A Person Down; An Encouraging Word Cheers A Person Up.

Worry Weighs A
Person Down;
An Encouraging Word Cheers A Person Up.
Scripture
Proverbs 12
25 Worry weighs a person down;
    an encouraging word cheers a person up.

Observation

Give me someone to encourage today, Lord. I think that is going to be my prayer today as I go to the hospital as an application to Proverbs 12:25. You know it is never too hard to find a person who is down in the dumps, discouraged, bummed out, or worried about something. All we have to do is look around and God will show us someone who needs some encouragement.

Here are a few quotes just in case you need a little encouragement this morning:
Someday everything will make perfect sense. So, for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason.”
God changes caterpillars into butterflies, sand into pearls and coal into diamonds using time and pressure. He’s working on you too.” Rick Warren
Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.” – Charles R. Swindoll
Proverbs 17:22
A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit saps a person’s strength.
1 Thessalonians 2:12
We pleaded with you, encouraged you, and urged you to live your lives in a way that God would consider worthy. For he called you to share in his Kingdom and glory.
Romans 1:12
When we get together, I want to encourage you in your faith, but I also want to be encouraged by yours.
Application

A letter, a postcard, a phone call, a text message, an email, or even a personal visit is maybe what God would have me do.

Somehow - some way, I am going to put feet to this verse today.

How about you? Who can you encourage?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, I will go through this day looking for someone to encourage. Show me who needs extra attention. Show me who needs a kind word. Don't let me go through today just thinking about myself.
Daily Bible Reading: Deuteronomy 19,20,21; Galatians 3; I added: Psalm 32, Psalm 62; Proverbs 12



No comments: