Saturday, March 16, 2019

The Message Of The Cross Is Foolish To Those Who Are Headed For Destruction!

The Message Of The Cross
Is Foolish
To Those Who Are Headed For Destruction!
Scripture
1 Corinthians 1
18 The message of the cross is foolish to those who are headed for destruction! But we who are being saved know it is the very power of God. 
19 As the Scriptures say,
I will destroy the wisdom of the wise
    and discard the intelligence of the intelligent.”
20 So where does this leave the philosophers, the scholars, and the world’s brilliant debaters? God has made the wisdom of this world look foolish. 
21 Since God in his wisdom saw to it that the world would never know him through human wisdom, he has used our foolish preaching to save those who believe. 
Observation

The message of the cross, is it foolishness to you? Two atheists Lee Strobel and Josh McDowell set out to intellectually prove that Christianity was a hoax and that God didn't exist. They both set out to prove that the claims about Christ were not true and they both became believers in Jesus Christ. Here are two quotes from these former atheists:
"Jesus Christ did not come into this world to make bad people good; he came into this world to make dead people live." - Lee Strobel
After I set out to refute Christianity intellectually and couldn't, I came to the conclusion the Bible was true and Jesus Christ was God's Son.” Josh McDowell
You and I can say that God doesn't exist. We can say that there is no Heaven and no Hell. We can say that we will just cease to exist after we die. We can say whatever we want to say, but that doesn't make it true.
I can say that I believe with all of my heart that I could jump off of the Empire State building and not get hurt. I could jump saying that I don't believe in the law of gravity … but only once!
Instinctively you and I know that if we jump off of the Empire State building or any other building that has multiple stories or is very high at all, we know that it is not going to look pretty when we hit the ground and we go splat.
Instinctively we also know that there is a God.
They know the truth about God because he has made it obvious to them. For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God.” Romans 1:19-20
You and I are free to reject the message of the cross. We can say that it is foolishness. Or … We can receive the message of the cross. We can receive God's forgiveness for the penalty of our sins.
Jesus Christ died on a cross to save you. He died on a cross to save me.
I am putting all of my trust in Him.
How about you?
Application
I will share the message of the cross with everyone that I possibly can.
How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, there are very few people that actually say that they don't believe in You, but there are many people who live their lives like You do not exist. They do not worship You. They may say they believe, but they do not worship You. Give me the words to say when I talk with people. Help me share the message of the cross clearly so they can understand how much You love them. I want them to be saved. Don't let me be a stumbling block to them. I want them to be able to see Jesus in me. I pray for their salvation.
Daily Bible Reading: Deuteronomy 30,31; Psalms 40; 1 Corinthians 1



No comments: