Wednesday, March 27, 2019

But Now Let Me Show You A Way Of Life That Is Best Of All.

But
Now Let Me Show You
A Way Of Life That Is Best Of All.
Scripture
1 Corinthians 12
31 So you should earnestly desire the most helpful gifts.
But now let me show you a way of life that is best of all.
1 Corinthians 13
1 If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn’t love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 

2 If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God’s secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn’t love others, I would be nothing. 

3 If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it but if I didn’t love others, I would have gained nothing.

4 Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud 5 or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. 6 It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. 7 Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.
Observation

My brother Rick has been sick for the past couple of weeks. The doctors think that it might be a gall stone stuck in a bile duct even though he had his gall bladder removed when he was a teenager! Today he goes in for tests and hopefully the doctors will find and fix Rick's problem.

If the doctor is able to do that today then tomorrow Rick and I plan to drive up to Destin, Florida to be with our two sisters Bea and Linda. So I share all of this to say that today might be my last blog for a few days.

So today I am sharing part of 1 Corinthians 13 (part of tomorrow's daily Bible reading) because I may not have a chance to share it with you tomorrow.

1 Corinthians 12:31 ends with “But now let me show you a way of life that is best of all” which leads us right into 1 Corinthians 13!

Let me sum up the first few verses in 1 Corinthians 13 by saying, “no matter what you may achieve in life if you don't love the people that God has placed in your life then you are to be pitied because you have nothing!”

Here is the kind of love that you and I must have for our spouse and our children if we are going to have a healthy family and a strong marriage,

“ Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.”
Guys, the best way that you can show love for your kids is to love their Mom with 1 Corinthians 13 kind of love!
I just got a text message from Rick. He moved his doctor's appointment to next week … so we will be leaving in the morning to see my two sisters and their families in Destin!
Application
I will meditate on 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 during the day today.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I want to love people with 1 Corinthians 13 kind of love. Show me how to do that. Don't let me be selfish. Give me the ability to love people deeply.
I pray for husbands that don't seem to understand how to love their wives. Help them, Lord. I pray for wives that don't seem to understand how to love their husbands. Help them too, Lord. I pray for the children caught in the middle of Moms and Dads fighting with each other. Protect them, Lord.
Help the person reading this blog today to love people deeply with 1 Corinthians 13 kind of love!
Daily Bible Reading: Judges 1,2,3; 1 Corinthians 12



No comments: