Sunday, March 31, 2019

We All Come To The End Of Our Lives As Naked And Empty-handed As On The Day We Were Born. We Can't Take Our Riches With Us.

We All Come To The End Of Our Lives As Naked
And Empty-handed As On The Day We Were Born.
We Can't Take Our Riches With Us.
Scripture
Psalm 49
16 So don’t be dismayed when the wicked grow rich
    and their homes become ever more splendid.
17 For when they die, they take nothing with them.
    Their wealth will not follow them into the grave.
18 In this life they consider themselves fortunate
    and are applauded for their success.
19 But they will die like all before them
    and never again see the light of day.
20 People who boast of their wealth don’t understand;
    they will die, just like animals.
Ecclesiastes 5
15 We all come to the end of our lives as naked and empty-handed as on the day we were born. We can’t take our riches with us.
Observation
Today's Sunday School Lesson for the Bible study that I usually lead on Sunday mornings is titled, “The Problem With Wealth.” And the point of the lesson is that contentment comes from Christ, not our wealth.
This morning I have asked someone else to lead the class because I was away visiting with my brother and my two sisters in Shalimar, Florida for the past several days.
I say a person who has family and enjoys being around them and enjoys spending time with them is rich. Like the Bible says, “we will all come to the end of our lives as naked and empty-handed as on the day we were born.”
So today lets hold on to our family a little bit tighter. Let's freely give lots of hugs. Let's leave love notes all over the house for them to see.
They are our true riches!
Application
I will enjoy my family.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank You for my family. Thank You for giving me the opportunity this week to spend time with my brother and my sisters and my sisters' families. I pray for anyone reading this blog that has let something come between them and someone in their family. Help them to restore that relationship. Nothing is more important than family. Help them to forgive.
Daily Bible Reading: Judges 9,10; Psalms 49; 1 Corinthians 16; I added: Ecclesiastes 5



No comments: