Monday, April 01, 2019

Make Thankfulness Your Sacrifice To God

Make
Thankfulness
Your Sacrifice To God
Scripture
Psalm 50
14 Make thankfulness your sacrifice to God,
    and keep the vows you made to the Most High.
15 Then call on me when you are in trouble,
    and I will rescue you,
    and you will give me glory.”
23 But giving thanks is a sacrifice that truly honors me.
    If you keep to my path,
    I will reveal to you the salvation of God.
Observation
Thank You! Just how important is it to express thankfulness to our Heavenly Father?
Well, personally I think it is essential for both my physical and my spiritual health! And I think having a grateful heart is an essential ingredient for your health too.
Are you anxious? Are you worried?
Let me suggest that you take time today to look back over your life and think about all the good things that God has done for you and thank Him for His goodness.
God has taken care of you in the past and He will take care of you in the future. And you and I expressing thankfulness to Him is a sacrifice that truly honors Him.
Philippians 4:6-7
6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:18
Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.
Ephesians 5:19-20
19 singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs among yourselves, and making music to the Lord in your hearts.20 And give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Colossians 3:17
And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through him to God the Father.
Application
I will give thanks to the Lord today for all that He has done in my life!
How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to accept any adversity that comes my way with a thankful heart. I am grateful for all that You have done for me. You are a good, good Father. There is not a moment that goes by that You are not thinking about me. My life and I know that everything that happens to me is under Your watchful eye. Not one thing touches my life that doesn't first get Your approval. Nothing touches me that You haven't allowed. Thank You for being so good to me and for being so good to my family. We do not deserve Your kindness. We do not deserve Your love. But we are very, very grateful!
Daily Bible Reading: Judges 11,12; Psalms 50; 2 Corinthians 1



No comments: