Sunday, April 14, 2019

Listen! Obedience Is Better Than Sacrifice

Listen!
Obedience Is Better
Than Sacrifice
Scripture
1 Samuel 15
22 But Samuel replied,
What is more pleasing to the Lord:
    your burnt offerings and sacrifices
    or your obedience to his voice?
Listen! Obedience is better than sacrifice,
    and submission is better than offering the fat of rams.
Observation
What does God want from us? What is most important to Him? King Saul found out! God took away his kingdom because of his disobedience.
If you and I want to live a life that has God's blessing we are going to have to live a life of obedience. The Bible spells it out for us. God shows us throughout His Word examples of obedience and disobedience. It is a no brainer!
Our lives and the lives of those around us are far better off when you and I obey the Lord.
Here is one thing that the Lord has told us to do that we can do today. Go to church! Get up and go whether you feel like it or not … unless you are contagious!
Psalm 119:9,11
9 How can a young person stay pure? By obeying your word. I have hidden your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.
Luke 11:28
Jesus replied, “But even more blessed are all who hear the word of God and put it into practice.”
Application
I will obey the Lord today.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, help me to do the next right thing. Help me walk in obedience to You today. Guide me. Show me what You want me to do and help me to be obedient.
I pray today for the person who is trying to decide whether to go to church today. Help them, Lord, be obedient. Give them the strength to do what they know is right. Help them to do the next right thing.
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Samuel 15,16; 1 Chronicles 5; Matthew 1



No comments: