Saturday, April 06, 2019

Our Hearts Ache, But We Always Have Joy. We Are Poor, But We Give Spiritual Riches To Others. We Own Nothing, And Yet We Have Everything.

Our Hearts Ache, But We Always Have Joy.
We Are Poor, But We Give Spiritual Riches To Others.
We Own Nothing, And Yet We Have Everything.
Scripture
2 Corinthians 6
10 Our hearts ache, but we always have joy. We are poor, but we give spiritual riches to others. We own nothing, and yet we have everything.
Observation

I talked to a young man the other night while I was at the hospital who was experiencing some heart problems. After talking to him for a few moments it was obvious that because of his profession he did not have any financial issues.
When the conversation shifted to his relationship with God his face saddened and he shared with me that his parents and his grandparents were very religious (his words not mine) but he and his family (wife and two young boys) only went to church a few times each year. He did not try to hide the regret that he felt for not taking his family to church more often.
As we talked, I shared with him that this heart problem might be taken as a wake-up call. I shared with him that God has put eternity in the heart of every person (Ecc. 3:11) and I know that he knows that there is more to life than just this life here on earth. He quickly agreed.
Sadly, unless things change, unless this Dad commits his life to the Lord, his two young sons are going to grow up without his parents helping them know the Savior.
My heart breaks for people who have so much materially, but spiritually have nothing!
Mark 10
21 Looking at the man, Jesus felt genuine love for him. “There is still one thing you haven’t done,” he told him. “Go and sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”
22 At this the man’s face fell, and he went away sad, for he had many possessions.
Luke 12
21 “Yes, a person is a fool to store up earthly wealth but not have a rich relationship with God.”
Application
I will continually pray for God to work in the lives of those who I have a chance to talk with about the Good News of Jesus Christ.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I know that You have placed me here on earth to share with people the Good News of Jesus Christ. I pray for this rich young man. I pray that he turns to You and away from sin and self. Bring other people into his life that will challenge him about His relationship with You.
I pray for any person who might read this blog today. Help them to put You first. Change the direction of his or her life if today they are not living for You.
Daily Bible Reading: Ruth 3,4; Psalms 64,65; 2 Corinthians 6



No comments: