Monday, April 15, 2019

This Is The Lord's Battle, And He Will Give It To Us!

This Is The Lord's Battle,
And
He Will Give It To Us!
Scripture
1 Samuel 17
45 David replied to the Philistine, “You come to me with sword, spear, and javelin, but I come to you in the name of the Lord of Heaven’s Armies—the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied.
46 Today the Lord will conquer you, and I will kill you and cut off your head. And then I will give the dead bodies of your men to the birds and wild animals, and the whole world will know that there is a God in Israel! 
47 And everyone assembled here will know that the Lord rescues his people, but not with sword and spear. This is the Lord’s battle, and he will give you to us!”
Observation
Giants come in all shapes and sizes. We all have giants that come against us in this thing called life! What giant are you facing today?
I retired from the game of golf a long time ago. I took early retirement from the sport because I was so terrible. Even though I am no good at the sport I do admire the amazing comeback of Tiger Woods.
Tiger Woods, who made history yesterday, faced some real giants in his life. His personal problems and 4 back surgeries were huge giants. Yesterday, against all odds, he conquered them on the golf course by winning the Masters!
I don't know about Tiger's spiritual life. I don't know where he will spend Eternity. But I do know this! You and I, if we are followers of Jesus Christ, we definitely have a giant killer on our side!
We don't have to fight our giants alone. In fact, to use King David's words about the giants that war against us, “This is the Lords battle, and he will give you to us!”
So what are you facing? Let God fight this battle for you. Don't try to go it alone.
Talk to Him.
Application
Whatever I face today I know that I have God on my side!
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, give me King David's faith. Don't let me fight my battles alone. Don't ever let me think that I can fight them by myself.
I pray for those who are facing huge giants today. Help them, Lord. Show Yourself powerful in their lives. Show them that they can trust in You. Whatever they are facing show them that their Savior is enough.
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Samuel 17; Psalm 9; Matthew 2



No comments: