Monday, April 08, 2019

You Know The Generous Grace Of Our Lord Jesus Christ. Though He Was Rich, Yet For Your Sakes He Became Poor

You Know The Generous Grace Of Our Lord Jesus Christ.
Though He Was Rich,
Yet For Your Sakes He Became Poor
Scripture
2 Corinthians 8
9 You know the generous grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. Though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, so that by his poverty he could make you rich.
Observation
I just read that there are 2,153 billionaires in the world. It is said that Jeff Bezos is the richest man on this planet. But even Jeff Bezos is not the richest man that has ever lived, that title goes to someone named Mansa Musa who was the king of the Mali empire in West Africa until 1312 AD. But neither of these two men were rich, not compared to our Lord Jesus Christ!
Jesus Christ temporarily became poor. He left Heaven with all of its splendor and glory and came down to earth. He came to die on a cross for me and for you. His poverty has made me rich.
Jeff Bezos and Eddy Williams have this one thing in common, both of us need to realize that we own nothing. Everything that Jeff and I have is on loan from God! One day we will both have to give an account for how we used what God has loaned us!
Philippians 2:5-8
5 You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had.6 Though he was God, he did not think of equality with God as something to cling to. 7 Instead, he gave up his divine privileges; he took the humble position of a slave and was born as a human being. When he appeared in human form,8 he humbled himself in obedience to God and died a criminal’s death on a cross.
Philippians 4:19
19 And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.
2 Corinthians 6:10
10 Our hearts ache, but we always have joy. We are poor, but we give spiritual riches to others. We own nothing, and yet we have everything.
Application
I realize that all I have is on loan from God and that one day I will have to give an account to Him for how I have managed His stuff!
How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for blessing me so much. I don't deserve it. You are so good to me. Help me to be a better steward of what You have allowed me to have while I am here on this planet. I realize that this is not my forever home! I am not taking anything with me when I leave this earth for Heaven!
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Samuel 3,4,5; Psalm 77; 2 Corinthians 8



No comments: