Friday, April 19, 2019

So Don't Worry About Tomorrow, For Tomorrow Will Bring Its Own Worries. Today's Trouble Is Enough For Today.


So Don't Worry About Tomorrow,
For Tomorrow Will Bring Its Own Worries.
Today's Trouble Is Enough For Today.
Scripture
Matthew 6
25 “That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food, and your body more than clothing?

26 Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are? 

27 Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?
34 “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.
Observation
I love this Bible passage. It is one of my favorites. It has taken me through some rough times. It is one of my go-to chapters in the Bible when I am struggling.
Life is brutal. It is filled with lots of uncertainty. It is filled with lots of 'what ifs'!
Matthew 6 and Philippians 4 are two of my favorite chapters that I go back to often. Both of these chapters encourage me when I find myself worrying about something. Maybe they would help you too. Why not spend some time reading these two chapters today! In fact, I memorized Philippians 4:6-7 to help me deal with worrying.
The key to successful Christian living is found in Matthew 6:33, “Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.”
What a promise!
Put God first and He will take care of everything that we need!
Application

When I begin to worry I will put Matthew 6 and Philippians 4 into action. I will pray.

How about you?
Philippians 4
6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, as I write this I know of people struggling with huge issues. I am praying for them. Help them to put Matthew 6 and Philippians 4 into action. Show them that they can trust You. Show them that worrying about their problem will do nothing to help their situation. Show them that they can rely on You. Show them that You are enough! Help anyone reading this blog make the decision to be in church this Sunday! Give them courage and the boldness to do what they know is right.
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Samuel 22; Psalm 17; Psalm 35; Matthew 6

No comments: