Wednesday, April 10, 2019

When People Commend Themselves, It Doesn't Count For Much. The Important Thing Is For The Lord To Commend Them.

When People Commend Themselves,
It Doesn't Count For Much.
The Important Thing Is For The Lord To Commend Them.
Scripture
2 Corinthians 10
17 As the Scriptures say, “If you want to boast, boast only about the Lord.”

18 When people commend themselves, it doesn’t count for much. The important thing is for the Lord to commend them.
Observation
When it is all said and done, when you and I have left this world, the only thing we should want to hear as we stand before God is to hear Him say, “Well done, my good and faithful servant.”
This morning I also read in 1 Samuel 8,9,10 where the people were demanding that the Prophet Samuel give them a king to lead them and so God gave them King Saul. King Saul had the chance to be a good king. He had the chance to be a good and faithful servant but he blew it.
You and I are probably not going to be asked to be king of anything, but God is asking us to be good and faithful servants.
Maybe you haven't thought before now about living your life so God gets the glory. Maybe you have been living life thinking only of yourself. Well if that is the case, then today is a great time to let God have first place in your life.
Talk to Him right now and let Him know that you want Him to be number one!
Matthew 25:21
The master was full of praise. ‘Well done, my good and faithful servant. You have been faithful in handling this small amount, so now I will give you many more responsibilities. Let’s celebrate together!’
Matthew 6:33
33 Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.
Application
I will serve an 'Audience of One'. I want God to say to me, “Well done my good and faithful servant.”
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I don't know how long I have left on this earth to serve You. I know that I am in the 4th quarter of my life. Every day that You give me is a gift. Help me to use each day in a way that brings You glory! Don't let me waste a minute. I pray today for the people who I will get to see and talk to while I am at the hospital. I want them to see Jesus in me.
I pray for those who are sick. I pray for healing. I pray for those who are not close to You. I pray that they surrender their lives to You and put You first in their lives. Open up their hearts to spiritual things. Soften their hearts so that they will turn from sin and self and turn to You.
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Samuel 8,9,10; 2 Corinthians 10



No comments: