Thursday, April 04, 2019

That Is Why We Never Give Up.

That Is Why
We
Never Give Up.
Scripture
2 Corinthians 4
16 That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day. 
17 For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! 
18 So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever.
Observation
You and I may not understand why this thing or that thing is happening to us. We may not like it that our bodies are wearing out or that we are dealing with an illness or going through a hard time financially, or a million other problems that we might be going through.
In 2 Corinthians we find the Apostle Paul openly sharing his feelings about all the bad things that were happening to him.
We might think that the Apostle Paul never wondered why certain things were happening to him, but as we read 2 Corinthians 4 we can see that Paul was 100 % human. We see his heart. We can see that he struggled with his circumstances just like you and I do today.
2 Corinthians 4:7-10
7 We now have this light shining in our hearts, but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure. This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves. 8 We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed. We are perplexed, but not driven to despair. 9 We are hunted down, but never abandoned by God. We get knocked down, but we are not destroyed. 10 Through suffering, our bodies continue to share in the death of Jesus so that the life of Jesus may also be seen in our bodies.”
Here is the one thing that the Apostle Paul had and it is the one thing that you and I need to have too – PERSPECTIVE!
I talked to a man last night at the hospital who was very, very sick. I asked him what problem brought him into the hospital. He shared with me that he had several things wrong with his heart and that he was in quite a bit of pain. But then he said this, without losing a beat, he said, “But my Savior has got this!” He then proceeded to tell me about his relationship with the Lord and he knew that God was taking care of him. Yes, perspective is everything!
All of us are going to go through difficult times – we need to see them from God's perspective!
Application
I know that my Savior is taking care of me.
How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that you delight in every detail of my life. Nothing happens to me that You are not aware of and I know that nothing happens to me without Your approval. You love me. You care about me. And even when I go through difficult times You are right there with me.
I pray for any that may be reading this blog that is going through a hard time. Help them, Lord. Show them that You are right beside them. May they sense Your presence and Your power today. Encourage them, Lord. Give them Your perspective on the situation. Give them hope!
Daily Bible Reading: Judges 19,20,21; 2 Corinthians 4



No comments: