Friday, April 12, 2019

I Was Given A Thorn In My Flesh

I Was
Given
A Thorn In My Flesh
Scripture
2 Corinthians 12
even though I have received such wonderful revelations from God. So to keep me from becoming proud, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger from Satan to torment me and keep me from becoming proud.

Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away. 
Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. 
10 That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
Observation
The Apostle Paul was given a thorn in the flesh. He recognized that it had been given to him. We don't know what his physical ailment was but we do know that it was something that he was going to have to live with.
It wasn't going away. He prayed three different times asking God to take it away, but God's answer was 'no'. Maybe, like the Apostle Paul, you find yourself living with a thorn in the flesh. You have prayed for healing and others have prayed for you but the thorn remains.
God's response to Paul's prayer for healing was, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” You and I, we are not the Apostle Paul, but what God said to Paul is also a Word for us too. God's grace is all we need! Yes, God is enough! He will walk with us. He will give us strength. When we are weak He is strong! Trust Him!
Isaiah 43:1-3
I have called you by name; you are mine.

When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you.

For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.
Psalm 23:4
4 Even when I walk through the darkest valley. I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me.
Romans 8:28
28 And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.
Application
When I can't see God's Hand in what is happening to me or happening to someone I love, I will trust God's Heart.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I know that You are the Great Physician. You are Healer. All healing comes through You. I also know that nothing touches my life or the life of any of Your children without Your permission. Sickness, suffering, and pain are things I know that I will never fully understand this side of Heaven. Help those dealing with sickness today. Give them Your grace. Give them Your strength. I pray for healing. I pray that through this time of sickness they will be drawn to a very close, intimate relationship with You.
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Samuel 13; 1 Chronicles 2,3; 2 Corinthians 12



No comments: