Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Come Follow Me And I Will Show You How To Fish For People!

Come
Follow Me
And I Will Show You How To Fish For People!
Scripture
Matthew 4
18 One day as Jesus was walking along the shore of the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers—Simon, also called Peter, and Andrew—throwing a net into the water, for they fished for a living. 

19 Jesus called out to them, “Come, follow me, and I will show you how to fish for people!” 20 And they left their nets at once and followed him.

21 A little farther up the shore he saw two other brothers, James and John, sitting in a boat with their father, Zebedee, repairing their nets. And he called them to come, too. 
22 They immediately followed him, leaving the boat and their father behind.
Observation
Jesus' first pick when He began to choose his disciples were a bunch of fishermen and His call to them was this, “Come, follow me, and I will show you how to fish for people!”
Ever since that day, over 2,000 years ago, Jesus has continued extending that invitation to people all over the world! It is the invitation to fish for people!
It doesn't matter what our occupation is – doctor, lawyer, welder, office worker, etc., once we surrender our lives to Jesus, our main vocation, our main calling in life should be 'fishing' - fishing for people!
Miss Ruby volunteers with Kathy and me at Mission Tampa. She has volunteered at Mission Tampa for as long as I can remember. Miss Ruby, retired now and in her eighties, has never stopped fishing for people.
This past Monday, all of us celebrated when she shared with us that she had the opportunity to lead a woman, who had come to Mission Tampa to get food, to faith in Jesus Christ!
Praise the Lord! She is still 'fishing for people'!
Application
I will keep in mind that my real job today is 'fishing' – for people!
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank You for the faithfulness of people like Miss Ruby! Give her good health so she can continue fishing for people! I pray for the people that we share with at Mission Tampa. Open their hearts to the message of the Gospel. We pray for more and more to be saved. Prepare the hearts of those who will be at our church this Sunday. I pray that many will make life-changing commitments to You.
Bible Reading: 1 Samuel 19; 1 Chronicles 7; Psalm 59; Matthew 4



No comments: