Wednesday, April 03, 2019

But Whenever Someone Turns To The Lord, The Veil Is Taken Away.

But Whenever
Someone Turns To The Lord,
The Veil Is Taken Away.
Scripture
2 Corinthians 3
16 But whenever someone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 
17 For the Lord is the Spirit, and wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 
18 So all of us who have had that veil removed can see and reflect the glory of the Lord. And the Lord—who is the Spirit—makes us more and more like him as we are changed into his glorious image.
Observation
Do you and I reflect the glory of the Lord?
When you and I talk do we reflect God's glory? Social media, sites like Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, etc. are a way that people get to see a reflection of who we really are.
I have been shocked and also saddened by some of the inappropriate stuff that some people put up on social media who call themselves followers of Christ.
Using the “F” word and other offensive language, personally attacking people on social media, these are not an example of being a reflection of the glory of the Lord.
Okay, I got that off of my chest!
You and I, if we are followers of the Lord Jesus Christ, are being changed every day. Every day, the Lord -who is the Spirit- is making us more and more like Him as we are changed into His glorious image.
Ephesians 4
Don’t use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them.
Galatians 5
19 When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, the results are very clear: sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division,21 envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other sins like these. Let me tell you again, as I have before, that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the Kingdom of God.
22 But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,23 gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!
Psalm 19
14 May the words of my mouth
    and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing to you,
    O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.

Application
I want people to see Jesus in me. I want to be a reflection of His Holy Spirit.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, help me to live my life in such a way that people are able to see that I am one of Your children. Don't let me cause people to stumble or get mixed messages about You because of the way I act or the way I live. Keep me away from stupid sins that would mess up my walk with You and that might cause people around me to stumble.
Daily Bible Reading: Judges 17,18; Psalms 89; 2 Corinthians 3



No comments: