Thursday, April 11, 2019

As For Me, Far Be It From Me That I Should Sin Against The Lord By Failing To Pray For You.

As For Me, Far Be It From Me
That I Should Sin Against The Lord
By Failing To Pray For You.
Scripture
1 Samuel 12
23 As for me, far be it from me that I should sin against the Lord by failing to pray for you. And I will teach you the way that is good and right. 
24 But be sure to fear the Lord and serve him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things he has done for you.
25 Yet if you persist in doing evil, both you and your king will perish.”
Observation
As aggravated as Samuel was with the children of Israel he still knew that the most important thing that he could do for them was to pray for them. You might be exasperated with the behavior of your children, maybe even grown children or possibly even your spouse.
Pray for them! Nothing will be more effective in changing their behavior than praying for them.
My biggest task and your biggest task, if we are willing to accept it, is to pray for those that God brings into our lives. God is constantly bringing new people into our lives that need our help connecting with the God we serve.
As I spent time with people yesterday at the hospital I hope that our conversation might have been a source of encouragement for them, but without a shadow of a doubt, I know that praying with them was the most important thing I did while I was in their presence.
Application
I will pray for the people that God brings into my life.

How about you?

Prayer
Heavenly Father, You have called us to a ministry of intercession. We are priests. You have given us the ministry of reconciliation. We are Your hands and feet. Help me to serve You well. Don't let me focus on myself today. Thank You for hearing my prayers. Thank You for always being ready to listen to me. Thank You for hearing me and answering me when I pray. You are an awesome God! You are worthy of all praise!
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Samuel 11,12; 1 Chronicles 1; 2 Corinthians 11
.......................................
I just saw that I wrote about this same passage on this day in 2017! Maybe what I shared then will encourage you today!
........................................
Observation
Samuel was an old gray-haired man! Saul was their new king. Samuel was moving into retirement.
But he was not going to stop praying for the people and he was going to continue to teach what was good and right. I understand Samuel and what he is saying in this verse.
I believe the most important thing that I can do is to pray for you.
I believe prayer is my most powerful weapon. It is the weapon that God wants us to use because it unleashes God’s unlimited power!
He loves to answer my prayers and I believe that He would love to answer yours too!
Nothing is too hard for our God!
I have a lot of “Impossibles” that I am praying for and I can’t wait until God answers those prayers.
Maybe you are one of my “Impossibles”!
Application
I will pray and I will never give up! How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I know that you hear my prayers. I know that You love for me to pray to you. Thank You for being so kind to me. I don’t deserve Your kindness. I am not worthy of Your love.
I pray for anyone that may be reading this blog. Help them to pray and ask big things from You. Show them that they can trust You with every detail of their lives. Show them that You delight in them. Help all of us walk in a way that pleases You and that makes You smile!
 I have made it a habit to pray for those who read this blog! I enjoy lifting you and your family up to the Lord in prayer.



No comments: