Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Come To Me, All Of You Who Are Weary And Carry Heavy Burdens, And I Will Give You Rest.


Come To Me,
All Of You Who Are Weary And Carry Heavy Burdens,
And I Will Give You Rest.
Scripture
Matthew 11
28 Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. 
29 Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 
30 For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”
Observation
Are you tired? Are you stressed out? Are you weary and loaded down with burdens today? Jesus says, “Come to me and I will give you rest.”
Don't let pride or anything else stop you.
Come to Jesus. Talk to Him. You want to find rest for your soul. Talk to Him.
I have plenty of burdens that are too big for me to carry. I have to roll them over onto Jesus.
Here are some passages that help remind me that I need to give my burdens to the Lord.
Psalm 55:22
22 Give your burdens to the Lord,
    and he will take care of you.
    He will not permit the godly to slip and fall.
1 Peter 5:7
7 Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.
Philippians 4:6-7
6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 

7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

Application
I am going to put Matthew 11:28 into practice today.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I know that Jesus has big enough shoulders to carry every one of my burdens today. Remind me every time I start to carry them for myself. Show me that You can handle every detail of my life. There is nothing too big for You. It is so easy for me to get discouraged over the smallest thing. I know that You want to walk through life with me and I know that You want to help me. Don't let me be stubborn and try to do things on my own. Help me to trust You today with every burden that gets put on me today. Help me to quickly roll each one of them over on You!
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Samuel 28,29; Psalm 109; Matthew 11



No comments: