Monday, April 22, 2019

When He Saw The Crowds, He Had Compassion On Them Because They Were Confused And Helpless, Like Sheep Without A Shepherd.


When He Saw The Crowds, He Had Compassion On Them
Because They Were Confused And Helpless,
Like Sheep Without A Shepherd.
Scripture
Matthew 9
35 Jesus traveled through all the towns and villages of that area, teaching in the synagogues and announcing the Good News about the Kingdom. And he healed every kind of disease and illness. 
36 When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them because they were confused and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd.
 37 He said to his disciples, “The harvest is great, but the workers are few. 
38 So pray to the Lord who is in charge of the harvest; ask him to send more workers into his fields.”
Observation
When you are in a crowd of people do you ever stop and think about their spiritual condition? Yesterday, I was in a large crowd, and it happened to be at our church!
Easter Sunday is always a great opportunity for the church to shine and open its doors to people who might not normally attend church on a regular basis!
I don't know about your church, but I think our church did an excellent job yesterday of reaching out and showing love and compassion to the crowd.
Yesterday during the worship service, I prayed and I asked God to work in the hearts of everyone that attended the service. I remember Pastor Bruce's Dad, Dr. Waylon B. Moore, telling the men in our small group that the first thing we need to do when we get into church is to pray for God to work in the hearts of those attending. When he said that in our group last year I made a mental note in my head, “Eddy, you've got to start doing that!”
So the next time we are in a crowd lets pray for them and let's also ask the Lord of the harvest to send more workers into His fields to reach them.
My heart goes out to the believers in Sri Lanka who were killed yesterday and others who suffered injuries at the hands of the terrorists, but my heart is even more broken over the multitudes in Sri Lanka who do not know Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
Application
I will pray for the lost and have compassion on them and I will ask the Lord of the harvest to send more workers into His fields.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank You for the Easter crowd yesterday at our church. I pray that You send workers to reach them. I pray that many of them will return this coming Sunday. I pray that many of them would place their trust and faith in Jesus for their salvation. Have compassion on them, Lord, have compassion on them! Lord, You are worthy of all praise! You are worthy!
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Samuel 25,26; Psalm 63; Matthew 9



No comments: