Sunday, April 21, 2019

“Who Is This Man?” They Asked. “Even The Winds And Waves Obey Him!”


Who Is This Man?”
They Asked.
Even The Winds And Waves Obey Him!”
Scripture
Matthew 8
23 Then Jesus got into the boat and started across the lake with his disciples. 
24 Suddenly, a fierce storm struck the lake, with waves breaking into the boat. But Jesus was sleeping. 
25 The disciples went and woke him up, shouting, “Lord, save us! We’re going to drown!”
26 Jesus responded, “Why are you afraid? You have so little faith!” Then he got up and rebuked the wind and waves, and suddenly there was a great calm.
27 The disciples were amazed. “Who is this man?” they asked. “Even the winds and waves obey him!”
Observation
Who is this Man? Who is Jesus to you? Today is the day we celebrate Resurrection Sunday! No matter how long you live and no matter how long I live, you and I can be certain of this, we are still going to die! Are you ready to die? I mean ... have you made arrangements?
I don't mean arrangements at the funeral home. I mean have you surrendered your life to the Lord Jesus Christ and have you asked Him to forgive you of your sins.
Jesus came to this earth to rescue us. That is why He is called Savior!
Is He your Savior?
John 20:25-29
25 They told him, “We have seen the Lord!”
But he replied, “I won’t believe it unless I see the nail wounds in his hands, put my fingers into them, and place my hand into the wound in his side.”
26 Eight days later the disciples were together again, and this time Thomas was with them. The doors were locked; but suddenly, as before, Jesus was standing among them. “Peace be with you,” he said.
27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here, and look at my hands. Put your hand into the wound in my side. Don’t be faithless any longer. Believe!”
28 “My Lord and my God!” Thomas exclaimed.
29 Then Jesus told him, “You believe because you have seen me. Blessed are those who believe without seeing me.”
Jesus Christ is my Lord and my God!
Who is Jesus to you?
Application
I will celebrate the Resurrection of my Savior today!
How about you?
Don't stay home – get up and get to church!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for leaving Heaven and coming down to this earth. Thank You for taking on the human flesh and dying a criminal's death on the cross to pay the penalty for my sins. Thank You for coming back to life just as You said that You would. And I know that one day soon You are coming back to get me and everyone else who calls You Lord and means it.
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Samuel 24; Psalm 57,58; 1 Chronicles 8; Matthew 8



No comments: