Sunday, April 07, 2019

Let The Whole World Bless Our God And Loudly Sing His Praises.

Let The Whole World
Bless Our God
And Loudly Sing His Praises.
Scripture
Psalm 66
8 Let the whole world bless our God
    and loudly sing his praises.
Observation

Friday night Kathy and I had the opportunity to once again go to a Chris Tomlin concert. Every year it is our Christmas present to each other! It is 3 hours of standing, with your hands in the air, loudly singing His praises! It is totally awesome!  
It is 3 hours of worship! If you have never experienced a Chris Tomlin concert make a mental note to attend next year if he returns to Tampa. Someone asked me the other day what church I attended and I told her Christ Fellowship in Seminole Heights.
She told me that she had not been in the area long and that she and her husband had not found a church that they were comfortable in yet.
I gently told her that she was probably not going to find a church where she was comfortable (she was not a spring chicken and I guess was looking for a church like she grew up in).
I told her to go where the Word of God is preached, where the church was filled with young people whose lives were being changed and just get used to being uncomfortable ... but go!
Psalm 150
1 Praise the Lord!
Praise God in his sanctuary;
    praise him in his mighty heaven!
2 Praise him for his mighty works;
    praise his unequaled greatness!
3 Praise him with a blast of the ram’s horn;
    praise him with the lyre and harp!
4 Praise him with the tambourine and dancing;
    praise him with strings and flutes!
5 Praise him with a clash of cymbals;
    praise him with loud clanging cymbals.
6 Let everything that breathes sing praises to the Lord!
Praise the Lord!
Application
I will praise the Lord with all of my heart!
How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, You are the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords! You are worthy to be praised! I look forward to being in Your house today with Your people singing Your praises!
I pray for any person that may be reading this blog this morning. Help them, Lord, to get up and get to church.
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Samuel 1,2; Psalms 66; 2 Corinthians 7



No comments: