Thursday, April 25, 2019

And His Name Will Be The Hope Of All The World.


And
His Name
Will Be The Hope Of All The World.
Scripture
Matthew 12
21 And his name will be the hope
    of all the world.”
Observation
Hope is spelled “J-E-S-U-S”!
Chris Tomlin sings the song called, “In the name of Jesus” - A few lyrics of the song go like this,
The name of Jesus is a refuge a shelter from the storm, a help to those who call. The name of Jesus is a fortress a saving place to run, a hope unshakable. When we fall You are the Savior. When we call You are the answer. There is power in Your name.”
Last night at the hospital I was at the bedside of a middle age man who was Buddhist. He was in critical condition. As I was talking to him he raised up his hand towards me and one of his family members said to me, “He wants you to hold his hand.”
I took his hand and I said, “Do you want me to pray for you?” He nodded his head, yes! I was surprised because I had looked at his chart before I visited him and I knew that he was Buddhist. His family gathered around the bedside with me and I prayed in the name of Jesus for this man to be healed. He was too weak to carry on a conversation with me, but somehow he knew that there was 'hope' in the name of Jesus!

The answer to whatever is going on in your life is spelled J-E-S-U-S!
Talk to Him! There is Power in His Name!
Application
I will tell everyone I can about Jesus – the hope of the World!
How about you?
Hebrews 6:19
This hope is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls. It leads us through the curtain into God’s inner sanctuary.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I know that Jesus is the Name above all names. I realize the power that comes with His Name. I pray for those who are going through tough times. Lord, show them that they can call on You. Show them that the answer to their problems is Jesus!
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Samuel 30,31; 1 Chronicles 10; Matthew 12



No comments: