Sunday, April 28, 2019

But The Words You Speak Come From The Heart – That's What Defiles You.


But
The Words You Speak Come From The Heart –
That's What Defiles You.
Scripture
Matthew 15
17 “Anything you eat passes through the stomach and then goes into the sewer. 
18 But the words you speak come from the heart—that’s what defiles you.
19 For from the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, all sexual immorality, theft, lying, and slander. 
20 These are what defile you. Eating with unwashed hands will never defile you.”
Observation
Listen to a person and how they talk – their words are a reflection of the condition of their heart! “Oh, he didn't mean it” – “Oh, he or she is not really like that” – “I know he or she said that but they really didn't mean it”
Oh, yes, they did!
Our words, our vocabulary, our tone that goes with our words, they are all a reflection of our heart!
I love you.” “I am sorry.” “Will you forgive me?”
Proverbs 16:24
Kind words are like honey— sweet to the soul and healthy for the body.
Psalm 19:14
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.
Proverbs 12:18
Careless words stab like a sword, but wise words bring healing.
Proverbs 15:28
The heart of the godly thinks carefully before speaking; the mouth of the wicked overflows with evil words.
Application
I will pay attention to the words coming out of my mouth!
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to You. You are my rock and my redeemer. I know that words do matter. What I say and how I say it does make a difference. Help me to build people up and not tear them down. Give me the ability to encourage people with what I say to them.
I pray for husbands and wives today. Help them to use their words to build their partner up and not to tear them down.
Proverbs 13:3
Those who control their tongue will have a long life; opening your mouth can ruin everything.
Proverbs 21:23
Watch your tongue and keep your mouth shut, and you will stay out of trouble.
Daily Bible Reading: 2 Samuel 3; 1 Chronicles 12; Matthew 15



No comments: