Friday, April 26, 2019

But Blessed Are Your Eyes, Because They See; And Your Ears, Because They Hear.


But Blessed Are Your Eyes,
Because They See; And Your Ears,
Because They Hear.
Scripture
Matthew 13
16 “But blessed are your eyes, because they see; and your ears, because they hear. 
17 I tell you the truth, many prophets and righteous people longed to see what you see, but they didn’t see it. And they longed to hear what you hear, but they didn’t hear it.
Observation
Maybe you haven't thought about this before, but if you know Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior, you are blessed and highly favored! Others have heard about the claims of Christ and have rejected Him, but just think how fortunate you are because you said, YES, to Him!
Salvation is a free gift. God paid a high price for our salvation – the death of His Son, but it is offered as a free gift to us.
It is not something that we can earn by being good. If you are trying to be good enough to be saved, then my friend, you are never going to make it into Heaven.
I am a sinner. I don't deserve the relationship that I have with God through Jesus Christ, but I am so glad that I have it. I am so glad that when I heard about Jesus many years ago I accepted Him as my Lord and Savior. Matthew 13, lets us know that many will hear and will reject the message, but all of us who hear the Message and accept Him are blessed!
Blessed are your eyes, because they see; and your ears, because you hear.”
Application
I am blessed and highly favored!
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I am reminded as I read Matthew 13 that I am so blessed. I realize that no one comes to You unless You draw them. You are the One who saves. It has nothing to do with us. None of us deserve salvation. None of us are good enough on our own. I don't know why but You saved me. I am so very grateful. Why me? I will never know, but I am thankful. I am blessed beyond measure!
I pray for the person reading this blog who still hasn't made up his or her mind about Jesus. I pray that You open up their hearts. Help them to believe!
Daily Bible Reading: 2 Samuel 1; Psalm 140; Matthew 13



No comments: