Wednesday, March 13, 2019

My Health May Fail, And My Spirit May Grow Weak, But God Remains The Strength Of My Heart;

My Health May Fail,
And My Spirit May Grow Weak,
But God Remains The Strength Of My Heart;
Scripture
Psalm 73
26 My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak,
    but God remains the strength of my heart;
    he is mine forever.
Proverbs 13
Those who control their tongue will have a long life;
    opening your mouth can ruin everything.

Observation

Can you tell that I am having a hard time picking which verses that I want to write about? Psalm 73:26 is what I will write about this morning but I didn't want you to miss Proverbs 13:3 either!

In a few days, March 18th, I will be 68 years old. I can't believe it myself! It is also just as hard for me to believe that this year on November 1st Kathy and I will celebrate 50 years being married.

We love each other now more than we ever have before!
Psalm 73:26 is a reminder to me that although my health may not be like it was when we first got married, ('cause now everything, and I am only talking about myself, is saggin, baggin, and draggin) but God remains the strength of my heart.

Don't let your health dictate your church attendance. If you feel bad, don't let that stop you from getting to church (unless you are contagious!).

If I am going to feel bad at home – I might as well be at church and feel bad – plus going and being around my friends and hearing a message from God may be just what I need to feel better. I won't isolate myself when I am feeling bad!

I will let my heart bring me to church when my body wants to stay home!

I would have liked to have said something about Proverbs 13:3, but I will save it for another time!
Application
God is the strength of my heart. He is mine forever!
I will let my heart bring me to church when my body wants to stay home!

How about you?

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I am fearfully and wonderfully made. I am amazed that I wake up each morning. At least so far that has been the case! You are amazing! To think that You, the Creator of the universe, delight in every detail of my life, that is so amazing.
I pray for the tired. I pray for the depressed. I pray for those who don't feel like being in church. May their hearts bring them when their bodies are telling them 'no'.
Daily Bible Reading: Deuteronomy 22,23,24; Galatians 4; I added: Psalm 73, Psalm 133, Proverbs 13



No comments: