Tuesday, March 05, 2019

You Must Love The Lord Your God With All Your Heart, All Your Soul, All Your Mind, And All Your Strength.

You Must Love The Lord Your God With All Your Heart,
All Your Soul,
All Your Mind, And All Your Strength.
Scripture
Mark 12
28 One of the teachers of religious law was standing there listening to the debate. He realized that Jesus had answered well, so he asked, “Of all the commandments, which is the most important?”
29 Jesus replied, “The most important commandment is this: ‘Listen, O Israel! The Lord our God is the one and only Lord.
30 And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength.’
31 The second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’  No other commandment is greater than these.”
Observation

This is the one thing that you and I need to get right in life. If we don't get this right then nothing is going to be right. Marriage will not work. Our relationships will not work. Nothing is going to be right if we don't have this right.
What am I talking about?
It is this: You and I must love the Lord our God with all our heart, all our soul, all our mind, and all our strength.
If we keep our relationship with God as our number one priority then everything else will make sense.
In fact, that is exactly what Jesus told us in Matthew 6:33, “ Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.”
Do you want things to be better in your relationships? Put God first!
Do you want a great marriage? Then both of you need to put God first!
Application
I will start out this day by putting God first in my life.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, every day I have a choice. Today I choose to allow You first place in my life. Help me to bring You honor and glory with how I live out this day. Don't let me mess up. Keep me away from stupid sins that mess up my walk with You. You are Mighty God. Help me to put You first, others second, and myself last.
Daily Bible Reading: Deuteronomy 1,2; Mark 12



No comments: