Tuesday, March 19, 2019

For The Kingdom Of God Is Not Just A Lot Of Talk; It Is Living By God's Power.

For The Kingdom Of God
Is Not Just A Lot Of Talk;
It Is Living By God's Power.
Scripture
1 Corinthians 4
20 For the Kingdom of God is not just a lot of talk; it is living by God’s power. 
Observation
On Sunday I think that you and I can fool just about anybody. For a few hours, we can fake out the crowd. we can greet people with a big smile, we can talk the talk, but are we walking the walk.
What are we like from Monday to Saturday? Are we living the other six days a week by God's power? What is different about us from those who do not even profess a relationship with God?
The Apostle Paul said in 1 Corinthians 4:16, “So I urge you to imitate me.”
Can you and I say that to the people around us? Can we say to them, “imitate me”?
If not, what needs to change? What bad habit(s) need to go? What good habit(s) need improvement?
Application
I want to live my life by God's power. I want people to be able to imitate me.
How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, I want people to see Jesus in me. I want people to be able to imitate me. Take anything away from my life that is not a good witness for Christ.

I pray for anyone reading this blog today. Help them to walk the walk and talk the talk. Help them be an example to those around them.

Daily Bible Reading: Joshua 3,4,5,6; 1 Corinthians 4



No comments: