Monday, March 18, 2019

Be Strong And Courageous! Do Not Be Afraid Or Discouraged. For The Lord Your God Is With You Wherever You Go.

Be Strong And Courageous!
Do Not Be Afraid Or Discouraged.
For The Lord Your God Is With You Wherever You Go.
Scripture
Joshua 1
8 Study this Book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in all you do. 
9 This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
Observation
Joshua 1:8 tells you and me how to be successful in life. Joshua 1:9 tells us how to face each and every day! Over and over and over again the Lord told his servant Joshua to be strong and courageous.
You and I are just like Joshua. You and I need to be constantly reminded that our God can handle whatever we are facing and that is why we need to be continually in God's Word.
It breaks my heart when I hear that a couple is giving up on their marriage, that they are calling it quits on their relationship. As I talk with them I often discover that either one or maybe even both of them have drifted away from the Lord and are no longer reading God's Word on a daily basis. 
In a marriage, for it to work as God intended, it must always be God first and your spouse second. Anytime we mess up that order it is disastrous for any relationship.
I think it is impossible to keep God first in your life if you are not spending time with Him in His Word on a regular basis.
If you only pick up your Bible when you go out the door on your way to church on Sunday and the rest of the week it just sits there unopened – you, my friend are missing the most important ingredient for a successful marriage and a successful life!
Application
I will always encourage people to develop the habit of spending time in God's Word every day.
How about you? Have you developed the habit of a daily quiet time with the Lord?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I pray for any person reading this blog today. Help them to have the discipline of spending time with You every day in Your Word. Help them to see how important it is for them to spend time with You every day. Give them victory if this has been a struggle for them. I remember when it was a struggle for me to have a consistent quiet time. You didn't give up on me and I know that You are not going to give up on them. Help them to start over today.
I pray today for the sick. I pray for healing. May their sickness cause them to draw close to You and not push them away. May they sense Your presence, Your power, Your strength, and Your love today!
Daily Bible Reading: Joshua 1,2; Psalms 37; 1 Corinthians 3
> I have made it a habit to pray for those who read this blog! I enjoy lifting you and your family up to the Lord in prayer.

No comments: