Monday, May 26, 2008

Battle of the Heart

Proverbs 1; Proverbs 2; Proverbs 3; Romans 7
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Proverbs 3

5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight.

Observation

How important is trusting the Lord with all our heart? Why can’t we follow the Lord with half a heart? From all the passages I have read about the heart it seems that God is only pleased with us when we whole-heartedly follow him. Everything is constantly trying to mess up our hearts. There is a war being waged everyday over our hearts. We read a few days a ago that Solomon at the end of his life had allowed the influence of his wives’ pagan worship to cause him to half heartedly follow the Lord. I think that we need to remember what Jeremiah said about the tendency of our hearts, “The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?”

Application

There are so many things coming at me these days that I cannot control or even begin to understand how to deal with so I really need to apply these verses in my life.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I am so unable to handle the situations that come into my life. They are way beyond my understanding. I pray that you help me trust you with all my heart. Help me to depend on you in every one of these situations so that I may know the right direction. Yesterday, I was faced with three different situations in the lives of three people within our church and it was beyond my understanding to be able to help them. They needed your help and I acknowledge that I am not able to fix their problems but you can. Help me to trust you to do just that in the lives of those I am called to pastor. Thank you for directing my life today. Put on my heart what to pray about and what to think about and give me your ideas today for our church. I don’t want to lean on my own understanding I want to lean on you. In Jesus Name Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: