Thursday, May 15, 2008

Live to Please God

1 Chronicles 25; 1 Chronicles 26; 1 Chronicles 27; 1 Thessalonians 4
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

1 Thessalonians 4

Live to Please God

1 Finally, dear brothers and sisters, we urge you in the name of the Lord Jesus to live in a way that pleases God, as we have taught you. You live this way already, and we encourage you to do so even more. 3 God’s will is for you to be holy, so stay away from all sexual sin. 4 Then each of you will control his own body and live in holiness and honor—5 not in lustful passion like the pagans who do not know God and his ways. 6 Never harm or cheat a Christian brother in this matter by violating his wife, for the Lord avenges all such sins, as we have solemnly warned you before. 7 God has called us to live holy lives, not impure lives.

Observation

Living in a way that pleases God means guarding ourselves from all sexual sin. The Devil is having a field day with men and women in ministry using the temptation of sexual sin. You and I can fall into sin in this area if we don’t set boundaries for ourselves. Do you guard what you watch on the television? Do you guard yourself on the Internet? Do you have a filter on your computer to block things that may cause you to sin? We are called to live holy lives, not impure lives, so what needs to change today to help us live lives that please God?

Application

I will continue to establish boundaries in my life to keep myself from yielding to the temptations of sexual sin.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I want to live in a way that is pleasing to you. I don’t want to yield to the sexual temptations around me. Help me to be strong and give me discernment so that when Satan tries to trick me or entice me to sin I won’t fall for his schemes. I pray for the men in my small group that you keep them from Satan’s traps and help them to be men of integrity. I pray for the ones that are struggling financially because of the job situation and I pray that you provide work for them. Bless them as they strive to live lives that please you. In Jesus Name Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: