Friday, May 02, 2008

The Cost and The Reward!

1 Chronicles 16; Psalm 106; Matthew 19
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Matthew 19

29 And everyone who has given up houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or property, for my sake, will receive a hundred times as much in return and will inherit eternal life. 30 But many who are the greatest now will be least important then, and those who seem least important now will be the greatest then.

Observation

We have friends that are serving on the mission field that can’t be with their aging parents, they can’t be with their grown children, they can’t be around to watch their grand children grow up. They don’t have a house to call their own and yet they are rich and very blessed. Plus God is going to bless them a hundred times more in this life and in the next. What is keeping you from the mission field? What is holding you back?

Application

One day I hope and plan to be back on the mission field. But for right now my mission field is Tampa, Florida and I will work that field until God sends us somewhere else.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, your timing is always perfect. Help me to wait on you and help me to see you at work in the mission field around me right here in Tampa. I pray for those Christians suffering persecution. I pray for the Christians in China that have recently been arrested. I pray that you continue to raise up thousands of believers in that country to take the Good News of the Gospel all the way back to Jerusalem. I pray that thousands would come to know Christ during the Olympics this summer. In Jesus Name Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: