Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Fall In Love with God’s Word

Proverbs 7; Proverbs 8; Proverbs 9; Romans 9
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Proverbs 7

1 My son, keep my words
and store up my commands within you.
2 Keep my commands and you will live;
guard my teachings as the apple of your eye.
3 Bind them on your fingers;
write them on the tablet of your heart.

Observation

This passage in Proverbs reminds me of this passage in Deuteronomy 6:5-9

“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.”


When someone walks into your house or my house do they see scripture passages on the wall, or maybe on the refrigerator, or how about on a mirror? How about in your car or in your office can people see that the Word of God is important to you? Do you wear t-shirts with scriptures on them? But even more important than wearing or displaying the Word of God do you talk about His Word with folks during the day?

If we are going to keep ourselves from sin then the Word of God has got to become part of our daily lives. Just hearing it preached on Sunday isn’t enough to keep us on the right road.

Application

I will enjoy and meditate on God’s Word today.

Phil. 4:8 “And now, dear brothers and sisters, let me say one more thing as I close this letter. Fix your thoughts on what is true and honorable and right. Think about things that are pure and lovely and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.”


Prayer

Heavenly Father, it is my desire to today to fix my thoughts on what is true and honorable and right. Thinking about what is pure and lovely and admirable and thinking about things that are excellent and things that are worthy of praise is what I want to do today. Help me keep my thoughts focused on your Word today. Keep me from sin today. Give me an even stronger love for your Word and help me make it an even more natural part of my life. Your Word have I hid in my heart that I may not sin against you. In Jesus Name Amen.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: