Thursday, May 22, 2008

The HIV A.I.D.’s Crisis …How We Can Help!

1 Kings 8; 2 Chronicles 5; Psalm 99; Romans 3

Scripture

Romans 3

23 For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard. 24 Yet God, with undeserved kindness, declares that we are righteous. He did this through Christ Jesus when he freed us from the penalty for our sins. 25 For God presented Jesus as the sacrifice for sin. People are made right with God when they believe that Jesus sacrificed his life, shedding his blood. This sacrifice shows that God was being fair when he held back and did not punish those who sinned in times past, 26 for he was looking ahead and including them in what he would do in this present time. God did this to demonstrate his righteousness, for he himself is fair and just, and he declares sinners to be right in his sight when they believe in Jesus.

Observation

Kathy and I are at Saddleback Church in California attending a pastor’s conference and it has been a tremendous experience for us. Last night we went to a session led by Kay Warren and she challenged us to get our church involved in helping with the HIV A.I.D.’s crisis that desperately needs the “Church’s Attention”. Governments cannot solve this problem but the church can. She stressed that we cannot ignore this problem because of our prejudices, we cannot ignore the problem because maybe some of the folks with HIV Aid’s put themselves at risk and that is why they have the disease. All of us are sinners and none of us deserve God’s help. The church has to step up and work together on this problem. Kay Warren is a powerful and passionate advocate for the fight against this disease. Take time to check out this web site. If your church will help then contact Kay and let her know that you want to get on board. When I get back home I am going to work on this problem. Go to this web site to get informed about this huge problem.

http://www.saddlebackfamily.com/peace/hiv_aids_initiative/

Application

I will do all that I can to get our church and our association involved in this fight against the HIV Aid’s crisis.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me get over the prejudices that I have in my life. Just as you touched and healed the lepers I also want to be able to minister to the people that have been affected by the HIV A.I.D.’s virus. Show me how to get involved and how to involve others in this fight. Thank you for allowing Kathy and I to attend this conference. We have been challenged to be more like Jesus in so many ways. You are so good to us. We are so blessed. Help us be a blessing to the folks around us. In Jesus Name Amen.

No comments: