Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Power of Words!

Proverbs 10; Proverbs 11; Proverbs 12; Romans 10
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Proverbs 12

25 An anxious heart weighs a man down,
but a kind word cheers him up.

Observation

Words are powerful! Sometimes with one hurtful word I can mess up an entire evening at home with Kathy. Sometimes one word of criticism can pierce my heart and hurt me so badly. How about you?

You and I have the capacity to cheer someone up today just by saying some kind words to them. Isn’t it great to be encouraged by someone, but it is even better if we are the ones that do the encouraging! Are you a person that is an encourager or are you someone that is today in need of encouragement?

Application

Why not try to encourage someone today with some kinds words and see if that doesn’t even help you to feel better; that is what I plan to do! I plan to try to encourage every person I talk to today and I also plan to write at least one note of encouragement to someone that God lays on my heart.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me be an encourager today. Words are powerful. They can easily hurt us and we can use them to hurt other people, but today help me use them to build people up. Thank you for allowing me to be surrounded by such a good staff. I am blessed. I pray for them today. Help them in whatever struggles they may have today. Give them the desires of their hearts; make their plans successful; and answer their prayers! In Jesus Name Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: