Friday, May 16, 2008

Pray for Us!

1 Kings 1; 1 Chronicles 28; Psalm 91; 1 Thessalonians 5
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

1 Thessalonians 5

25 Dear brothers and sisters, pray for us.

Observation

What is the most important thing that someone can do for you? What is the most important thing that you can do for someone else? My most important job as pastor is to pray for my people and the most important task they have is to pray for others and me.

Who have you prayed for already this morning? Do you wake up at night? If you do wake up at night and have a hard time going back to sleep then take advantage of that time to pray for others. Ask God to bring to your mind those that need to be prayed for.

A few minutes ago Dawn Pollock came to my mind and I prayed for her. She is the wife of Forrest Pollock who pastored Bell Shoals Baptist Church until a fatal plane crash took his life and the life of his oldest son earlier this week. I have never met Dawn and I had only talked to Pastor Forrest a few times, but I have been in prayer interceding for his family and his church since the moment I heard about the accident. I am sure that many of have been doing the same thing.

There is probably nothing more important to do in your spiritual life than to pray for someone else.


Application

I will intercede for everyone that the Lord brings to my mind today.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, the Apostle Paul was very smart when he asked for people to pray for him. Help me to be smart like Paul. I pray today for Bell Shoals Baptist Church as they go through this time of grief and for the Pollock family. To be honest Lord I cannot understand why this had to happen because I know that you are all powerful and you could have kept this from happening but you didn’t. This tragedy has helped me this week to think about how fragile and short life is and how none of us have a guarantee of a long life. Help me to take advantage of every opportunity right now to do your will.

I pray for those in my family that are not walking with you and I pray that you turn their hearts toward you. I want to see them living an abundant life like I am experiencing instead of their present lives of destruction and misery. Do a mighty work in their lives Lord do a mighty mighty work! Show yourself powerful and so real in their lives that they turn and begin to walk with you. Thank you for saving me. Thank you for protecting me. Thank you for giving me such a great group of people to pastor and love. Help me not waste a minute of the time I have left on this earth. In Jesus Name Amen.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: