Saturday, May 03, 2008

Who Am I!

2 Samuel 7; 1 Chronicles 17; Psalm 2; Matthew 20
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

16 Then King David went in and sat before the LORD and prayed,
“Who am I, O LORD God, and what is my family, that you have brought me this far? 17 And now, O God, in addition to everything else, you speak of giving your servant a lasting dynasty! You speak as though I were someone very great, O LORD God!
18 “What more can I say to you about the way you have honored me? You know what your servant is really like. 19 For the sake of your servant, O LORD, and according to your will, you have done all these great things and have made them known.
20 “O LORD, there is no one like you. We have never even heard of another God like you!

Observation

David’s question to God is one that I have asked myself many times, “Who am I, O Lord God, and what is my family, that you have brought me this far?” Why have I had the privilege of knowing you and walking with you when others have not? I am honored and privileged and I don’t know why. But I am very grateful. I am so thankful that I came to know Christ at 19 years of age and since that time I have been so blessed. I have never ever regretted making the decision to follow Christ and I have never felt separated from His presence. I am so blessed.

Application

I will have a thankful heart today and all day long I will thank Him for being so good to my family and me.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, “Who am I, O LORD God, and what is my family, that you have brought me this far? “What more can I say to you about the way you have honored me? You know what your servant is really like. “O LORD, there is no one like you. We have never even heard of another God like you! Thank you, thank you, and thank you for being so good to me. I don’t deserve it, which proves for sure that you are a God of Grace and Mercy. In Jesus Name Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: