Sunday, May 25, 2008

Stupid is As Stupid Does

1 Kings 10; 1 Kings 11; 2 Chronicles 9; Romans 6
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

1 Kings 11

1 King Solomon, however, loved many foreign women besides Pharaoh's daughter—Moabites, Ammonites, Edomites, Sidonians and Hittites. 2 They were from nations about which the LORD had told the Israelites, "You must not intermarry with them, because they will surely turn your hearts after their gods." Nevertheless, Solomon held fast to them in love. 3 He had seven hundred wives of royal birth and three hundred concubines, and his wives led him astray. 4 As Solomon grew old, his wives turned his heart after other gods, and his heart was not fully devoted to the LORD his God, as the heart of David his father had been. 5 He followed Ashtoreth the goddess of the Sidonians, and Molech the detestable god of the Ammonites. 6 So Solomon did evil in the eyes of the LORD; he did not follow the LORD completely, as David his father had done.

Observation

The wisest, the richest, and at the end of his life Solomon was probably the stupidest man that ever lived. The scriptures say that it was the love for his wives that he had married that caused him to be so stupid. Evidently he knew the scriptures and decided that he didn’t need to listen to that particular command, the command from God that said not to marry women from the surrounding nations. Solomon in spite of all his riches and all his wisdom did not finish his life very well. He was so wise, so rich, and yes so stupid.

Application

I want to be obedient to all of God’s instruction. I want to finish well. I don’t want to finish my life with something stupid.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me guard your Word in my heart so I don’t sin against you. I do want to finish my life well. I want you to be able to do more with my life in the second half than you were able to do in the first. Make me wise and help me to be smart and not stupid. Keep me away from things that would destroy me and bring dishonor on you. I pray for our staff today. I pray that you may strengthen them and use them today for your honor and for your glory. Give them the desires of their hearts; make their plans succeed, and answer their prayers. Thank you for allowing me to serve you. Keep me in the palm of your hand. In Jesus Name Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: