Friday, May 30, 2008

Grumpy or Cheerful…Our Choice!

Proverbs 13; Proverbs 14; Proverbs 15; Romans 11
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Proverbs 15

13 A happy heart makes the face cheerful,
but heartache crushes the spirit.

15 All the days of the oppressed are wretched,
but the cheerful heart has a continual feast.

30 A cheerful look brings joy to the heart,
and good news gives health to the bones.

Observation

Being grumpy or being cheerful is a choice and each one of us get to decide everyday which one we are going to be! A happy heart makes the face cheerful and a cheerful look brings joy to the heart. Hey, a happy heart is contagious!

I envy and I thoroughly enjoy people that laugh a lot. I want to be one of those people! I take life way too serious! In the book of Proverbs we read over and over again how important it is to have a cheerful heart. And yes, I do think it is a choice! The writer of Proverbs says that life for the cheerful hearted is one big party and I also like the sound of that…don’t you!

Application

Let’s make the choice today to have a cheerful heart and find something to laugh about!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to enjoy life today. I choose today to have a cheerful heart no matter how many hard things that come my way. Give me things today to smile at. In fact, you already have done that because I had the chance to see the Athens, Greece mission team off at the airport and they were all smiles. They were so excited and their cheerful looks did bring joy to my soul! You are so good. Use this team to help someone come closer to a relationship with you. Help them touch lives this week and I pray that you do mighty things in them and though them. Be glorified through our church this week! In Jesus Name Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: