Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Our Reward…Our Crown!

2 Samuel 24; 1 Chronicles 21; Psalm 30; 1 Thessalonians 2
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

1 Thessalonians 2

17 Dear brothers and sisters, after we were separated from you for a little while (though our hearts never left you), we tried very hard to come back because of our intense longing to see you again. 18 We wanted very much to come to you, and I, Paul, tried again and again, but Satan prevented us. 19 After all, what gives us hope and joy, and what will be our proud reward and crown as we stand before our Lord Jesus when he returns? It is you! 20 Yes, you are our pride and joy.

Observation

When we stand before our Lord Jesus and yes that is going to be very soon, will we have a crown and a reward? What will it be? If you and I invest our time in helping people come to Jesus then they will be our reward; they will be our crowns. How are we doing? Are we racking up the rewards and are we making sure that we will have a crown? Look around you and ask the question, “how many of these people will be in heaven because of me?” Life is not about accumulating stuff. It should be all about people.

Application

My focus needs to be on people today not anything else.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to think more about the people that you bring into my life than any thing else. It is so easy to get side tracked. It is so easy to think about things that are really not important. Guide me to people that I can help to know you. Help me lead someone to a personal relationship with you. I want to have rewards and a crown in heaven and I want it to be people that I have helped to know you. Don’t let Satan have any victories in my life. In Jesus Name Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: