Saturday, May 10, 2008

But When I am Afraid…

2 Samuel 18; Psalm 56; Matthew 27
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Psalm 56

3 But when I am afraid,
I will put my trust in you.
4 I praise God for what he has promised.
I trust in God, so why should I be afraid?
What can mere mortals do to me?

Observation

Please notice that David didn’t say, “but if I am afraid”, no rather he said, “But when I am afraid”. It is important to realize that all of us at one time or another are going to be afraid. So that is why we need to claim this promise and trust in what God says through David, “I praise God, so why should I be afraid, what can mere mortals do to me?” Mere mortals can’t touch me while I am trusting in the Lord unless the Lord lets them. And if He lets them then it is for my own good and not for my harm.

Application

I am trusting God today and I am not afraid.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, every time I begin to be afraid I want you to remind me of these verses. I know that mere mortals can’t do anything to me that you don’t allow. They can’t touch me unless they first pass through you. You are my shield. You are my hope in times of trouble. Thank you for your promises. Why should I be afraid? You and me make a majority. In Jesus Name Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: