Tuesday, May 27, 2008

More Than Conquerors!

Proverbs 4; Proverbs 5; Proverbs 6; Romans 8
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Romans 8

26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. 27 And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will.
More Than Conquerors
28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. 29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. 30 And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.
31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? 33 Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. 34 Who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus, who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36 As it is written:
"For your sake we face death all day long;
we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered." 37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord
.
Observation

I don’t feel like a conqueror this morning, how about you? It is great to know that even when we don’t know what to pray that the Holy Spirit is there to intercede for us. It is good to know in this tough world that if God is for us, who can be against us? I think that we have to accept that by faith and not by feelings. I woke up at 3 am and have been unable to go back to sleep my mind thinking of all the things that aren’t just right. I think of things that aren’t going so well. I think of this person or that person that wasn’t at church Sunday and my mind begins to go through all of the scenarios of what might have happened to cause them to miss. Did I say something or do something to hurt their feelings, or did someone else say something or are they not attending because I haven’t done a good job of getting them plugged in to the life of the church etc. My mind goes a million miles an hour at 3 in the morning. So it is now 4 in the morning as I write this and it is good to read a passage like this on mornings like this because I need to hear that I am more than a conqueror in Christ even when I don’t feel like it.


Application

God is working all things for my good even when I can’t see it or feel it.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I am glad that when I can’t sleep I can come to you and you are always awake to hear me. Thank you for the promises in Romans 8 this morning. I will take you at your Word this morning and I will believe that I am a conqueror even though I feel a little conquered. Thank you for praying and interceding for me because it is true this morning that I don’t know really what to pray. But you know all my needs and you know exactly what I need for today. Help me please you this day. Help me make wise choices. Give me the wisdom I need for the decisions that I will need to make. Help me to use this day wisely. Put people on my heart that I need to pray for and help me to pray for them and not just worry about them. God I pray that our people would grow and that they would be strong. I pray that you make them strong. Help them to lead. Help them live godly lives and shine as your witnesses in their neighborhoods. In Jesus Name Amen.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: